- Develop engineering drawings, specifications, submittals, test scripts and sequence of operations documents for building automation and monitoring systems.
- Responsible for providing an advanced level of expertise in programming, maintaining, troubleshooting, and servicing all aspects of the building automation and electrical power monitoring systems.
- Must have the ability to program, maintain, improve, and participate in troubleshooting HVAC and Electrical controls systems serving throughout mission critical facilities.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain application software and system management tools.
- Oversight and hands-on troubleshooting experience with electrical and mechanical systems are desired, across the spectrum of technologies that support continuous operations.
- Solid written and verbal skills are required. Effectively communicate with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements and solve complex facility system problems.
- An understanding or ability to quickly learn electrical and mechanical systems along with prior experience with facilities system troubleshooting is highly desirable.
- This position may collaborate with other specialized technicians, mechanics, or subcontractors to perform facility-related maintenance and repairs.
- Provides instruction, mentors and trains less skilled technicians as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Mechanical and Electrical systems programming, oversight, oversee and monitor all components of the site infrastructure to ensure operational integrity.
- Review and interpret schematics, engineering drawings and sequence of operations documents to develop BAS & EPMS programming code.
- Create As-Built documentation and automation design drawings using Microsoft Visio and/or AutoCAD.
- Participate in test & commissioning phases of construction for validation of programming.
- Perform data integration of equipment utilizing various field protocols (BACnet, Modbus, etc.)
- Coordinate and direct suppliers and third-party vendors
- Communicate effectively with local and supporting personnel.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, good comprehensive and analytical skills, and excellent organizational skills.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations. Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tag-out procedures.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Eight years of experience performing Control System / Building Automation/Management System service and repair in a data center, heavy industrial, or pharmaceutical/biomedical environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of data center infrastructure including related HVAC and electrical equipment.
- Five years of experience with Tridium Niagara (AX/N4) and a total of eight years of experience including other systems such as ALC, JCI, Honeywell, Schneider Electric and Siemens and associated instrumentation.
- Associates Degree in Industrial Technology, Industrial Electrical, or related program.
- Experience troubleshooting Control Systems, BAS/BMS/EPMS systems including but not limited to (Automated Logic, Honeywell, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Edstrom, etc.)
- Possess knowledge of Building Systems sequence of operations.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing process mechanical systems.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Five years of experience working independently with limited oversight and within a team environment.
- This role and customer contracts require proof of US Citizenship. Ability to obtain security clearance is preferred.
Physical demands and work environmental factors:
- Occasionally move objects 10-50lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
Remote/Telework: Some Remote work would be ok.
Job Location: Based out of the Jessup, MD Office
Job Type: Full time, Exempt.
Reports To: Senior Director, Operational Technology Solutions
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.