The Critical Facility Technician ensures the smooth and efficient operation of critical facilities by ensuring timely and accurate completion of all required work, and by attaining customer satisfaction.
- Provide 24 x 7 on-call emergency response and support as necessary to support the customer mission.
- Operate and perform both routine and emergency service on a variety of critical systems. (mechanical, electrical, and other installed systems)
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly walk-through of customer facilities in support of data center operations.
- Manage equipment vendors and maintenance contractors.
- Interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Attend manufacture training when applicable.
- Ensure operational, maintenance and emergency methods of procedure (MOPs) are used.
- Assist, as necessary, with scheduling of preventative maintenance, contracted maintenance, and general maintenance with minimal disruption of building services.
- Ensure strict adherence to critical facility work rule and safety procedures.
- Be familiar with all applicable Federal, State, and local rules, codes, and regulations.
- Other assigned tasks as requested.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Experience with at least two (2) years of Electrical, Mechanical or Operations Journeyman experience.
- Hands on electrical or mechanical skills, and competence in non-expertise (for example, electrical expertise with a mechanical competence, or vice-versa).
- Electrical or Mechanical Certifications.
- Experience writing reports and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding Customer relations skills.
- Knowledge and experience using basic Computer skills.
- OSHA certification preferred.
- Must work on-site; no telecommuting permitted.
- Must satisfactorily pass or complete any required client background checks or training.
- This role and customer contracts require proof of US Citizenship. Ability to obtain security clearance is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Occasionally move objects 10-50lbs
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work in a data center environment with varying temperatures and loud noises.
REMOTE/ TELEWORK: N/A
JOB LOCATION: Winchester, VA
JOB TYPE: Full-Time (Non-Exempt)
REPORTS TO: Critical Facility Manager
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.