The Critical Systems Technician will serve as the key technician for all CPG mission critical electrical services/maintenances under contract. The position will be responsible for monitoring compliance with contractual commitments. This position will provide leadership and knowledge regarding the installation, service, testing, commissioning, maintenance and operation of mission critical data center electrical equipment.
- Review technical specification with sales team and project managers to identify field operations scope of project as defined in Capitol Power Group bid packages.
- Interface with services team to ensure proper specification compliance.
- Provide job specific technical support.
- Interface with the factory to resolve any site related technical issues.
- QA/QC of Power Distribution Equipment.
- Creation on Critical Facility Power System MOPs, SOPs and EOPs.
- Perform preventive maintenance services (PM) on contracted gear and other components.
- Installation and service on all Power Distribution Equipment.
- Installation of underfloor electrical whips.
- Provide regular status reports to the responsible CPG Project Manager and Director, Service Operations.
- Direct feedback to responsible CPG Project Manager for problem resolution.
- Provide required site testing reports and inspection sheets per project specification.
- Participate in specialized commissioning/testing of systems.
- Conduct site visits during regional travels at management direction.
- Respond to service calls as required.
- Other duties as assigned by Services Management.
- Associates Degree in electronics, electrical theory or similar discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Bachelor's degree in same disciplines highly desirable. Military training is an acceptable equivalent to a formal degree.
- 3-5 years of field repair / customer service experience with ups, electrical, electro-mechanical or electronics related equipment or equivalent military equipment experience required. Three to five years of mission critical specific product experience required.
- Knowledge of Critical Power Systems installation.
- Experience with critical power equipment, including UPS, switchgear, batteries, monitoring equipment, generators, etc.
- Ability to read and understand one-line diagrams, blueprints, schematics and construction drawings.
- Technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Testing experience and knowledge per NETA and NICET.
- Organizational Skills.
- Technical Writing skills, including use of Word, Excel, MS Project.
- Interpersonal skills: ability to deal with clients on a variety of levels, often in stressful situations.
- Ability to operate in a decision-making capacity.
- Maintain valid state vehicle operator's license.
- Based in Ashburn VA. Serving DC/Maryland/Virginia areas
- Overnight travel may be required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; Standing and walking is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee must occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.