A DC Power Technician is responsible for startups, certifications, preventative maintenance and scheduled maintenance for battery systems related to Uninterruptable Power Supply systems.
- Assist with the battery replacements and new installations.
- Assist, as necessary, with preventative maintenance of batteries with minimal disruption to customer.
- Assist in the warehouse when needed.
- Interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Follow operational, maintenance and emergency methods of procedure (MOPs)
- Ensure strict adherence to critical facility work rule and safety procedures.
- Ability to use hand and general maintenance tools and equipment.
- Keep job site clean during replacement, installs, and maintenance.
- Assist with work in other service divisions (Switch Gear, Operations, HVAC, etc.) as needed.
- Work from schematic diagrams, sketches, and verbal instructions.
- Other duties as assigned by Services Management.
- Technician must be reliable, organized and professional with solid customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team in various challenging situations.
- Knowledge of basic AC/DC theory, electronic components, and electronic circuitry.
- Required hours are sometimes irregular requiring late/early business day and weekend work.
- Ability to make basic site evaluations.
- Clean driving record a must.
- Elementary fix/repair techniques based on directed supervision.
- High School Diploma
- Based in Ashburn VA. Serving DC/Maryland/Virginia areas
- Overnight travel may be required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; Standing and walking is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee must occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.