Mechanical Products, Inside Sales Engineer for Manufacturers’ Representative Requirements –
Become a technical expert to apply different cooling systems in various project applications. Remain current on new developments and be a champion for all products/services represented on the CPG offer pages. Prioritize for greatest forecasted revenue productivity. Know…
- Who to call for factory support and reach out directly when needed, primarily for presale through close activities, and secondarily for post-sale support to the CPG PM.
- How the product works, details of construction, components, specifications, options.
- How to apply the product, ideal scenarios, limitations, alternate solutions, service capability.
- Competitors, both product and representation, service offering.
- Manufacturers’ business details, management, location, commission vs. buy/resell.
- The current marketing and technical media, both paper and electronic / web / social media.
Engage the factory for product information, training, tools, collateral. Advocate for/balance the client’s and manufacturer’s interests, provide productive feedback, both constructive and positive.
Inside Sales Engineer Responsibilities –
- Consistent Communication: internally and externally
- Internally: Communication with outside sales team regarding bidding projects
- Externally: Timely response time to customer requests, always email follow up if substantive material delivered initially via phone
- Project Bidding
- Maintain an up to date bid list coordinating with electrical plan and spec team
- Timely completion of mechanical project bids allowing input from manufacturer on technical scope, pricing, discounts, etc.
- Maintain documentation of past, current, and future bids
- Bid projects in accordance to competitive balance, customer interest, and CPG interest
- Accurate quote preparation for mechanical bids
- Create, maintain, and update bid opportunities in CRM software
- Project Tracking
- Review Survey Data subscription resource as well as plan and spec solicitation requests
- Assist outside sales team with quote follow up as directed
- Regular review of customer bid lists, bid boards, and FTP sites
- Project Management, Coordination, and Support
- Coordinate directly with factories as required to complete bids in a timely fashion
- Coordinate with outside sales team prior to bids as needed
- Help outside sales team manage hand-off of order to CPG PM to give visibility to all commitments
- Coordinate opportunities with electrical plan and spec team to ensure project packaging is occurring when optimal to CPG
- Maintain up to date lead-times matrix for mechanical products
- Support the outside sales team in all other functions as requested
- Actively monitor industry periodicals for intel on clients, competitors, markets.
- Recognize competitive relationships, how CPG & products are perceived in each specific division’s market.
Inside Sales Engineer Requirements –
- BS in Engineering, Technical Field, or equivalent successful experience in a similar mechanical cooling industry
- Understand mechanical cooling systems
- Read and understand architectural, mechanical, and electrical blueprints
- Read and identify specifications, with special attention to key differentiators
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Product Suites
- Strong writing, verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Working understanding of competitive balance and project bid strategy
- Proficiency with CRM/Database tools