The Mechanical Installation Estimator is responsible for assisting the Sales Team & Operations/Project Managers with site surveys, estimating projects and writing proposals. Interacts & communicates with customers, vendors and field personnel to produce estimates and proposals. Has professional appearance and excellent communication skills.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists sales personnel by visiting client sites during site surveys and offers expertise.
- Prepares estimates for mechanical division and special projects.
- Prepares proposals and participates in presentations if necessary.
- Reviews awarded projects with Operations/Project Manager.
- Assists the Operations/Project Manager with material purchases for installation jobs.
- Assists the Operations/Project Manager with contract billings.
- Assists with shipping and receiving materials for projects.
- Is responsible for assisting in special projects.
- Advocates and enforces proper safety measures in all company operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years of field, mechanical, or trade school experience.
- Three or more years’ experience as an estimator.
- Estimating commercial projects up to $2M-3M+.
- Knowledge of estimating software a must.
- Must have a stable work history.
- Field experience is preferred but not required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to communicate with customers to determine their needs.
- Ability to interpret plans, sketches, wiring diagrams, and specifications
- Ability to plan and forecast projects and tasks.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Ability to work closely with management.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and Auto Cad.
- Good reasoning and logic skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; Standing and walking is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee must occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.