The Mechanical Service Technician will serve as the key technician for all CPG mission critical mechanical services/maintenances under contract. The position will be responsible for monitoring compliance with contractual commitments. This position will provide leadership and knowledge regarding the installation, service, maintenance and operation of mission critical data center mechanical equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Start-up, commissioning, ongoing troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and servicing of HVAC equipment at customer locations.
- Diagnose, repair, and maintain medium-sized, more complex commercial heating, ventilation and/or air conditioning systems and/or equipment in Mission Critical facilities.
- Provide leadership and guidance for our clients’ critical facility mechanical infrastructure including CRAC units, chillers, cooling towers, RTUs, water chemical systems, air handlers, pumps, and motors.
- QA/QC of Critical Facility HVAC Equipment.
- Work with the sales and operations teams to develop comprehensive HVAC maintenance programs including scope, schedule, and pricing.
- Diagnose causes of equipment breakdowns, test parts with appropriate instruments, disassemble and assemble parts, and make necessary repairs and work to exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Develop and catalog Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Methods of Procedures (MOP).
- Develop routine maintenance and calibration program for internal test equipment and tools.
- Provide input to company safety program, including routine documentation review.
- Train junior technicians in proper testing formats and techniques.
- Identify opportunities for increased work scope and up-sales.
- Share on call after hours emergency service responsibilities.
- Provide effective leadership by demonstrating a passion for excellence and a superior level of integrity.
- Establish and maintain an effective relationship with the customer and developing a strong level of trust and respect with the client.
- Other assigned tasks as requested
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE (Desired)
- Three to five years related commercial HVAC repair or equivalent
- A MD/VA HVACR Journeyman’s license preferred
- Universal CFC Certified (EPA 608)
- A high school diploma or GED
- Strong technical skills and diagnostic capabilities
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong aptitude to learn new technologies and systems
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls as required
- Good knowledge of controls
- Honeywell Tridium/Niagara proficiency and certification
- Experience working in mission critical environment
- Good knowledge of electronic controls and experience with PLC’s
- Experience writing SOP, EOP, MOPS, technical reports and procedures
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- OSHA certification
- Must be a US citizen
- Ability to obtain and/or retain clearance is plus
- Clear driving record
- Based in Ashburn VA. Serving DC/Maryland/Virginia areas
- Overnight travel may be required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; Standing and walking is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee must occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.