Responsible for field activities associated with the project, including supervision of all field construction work by electrical and mechanical subcontractors and self-performed work. Maintain constant contact with Subcontractors to ensure timely work to keep project on schedule and within budget. Ensures equipment purchased is in onsite at the project when needed. Shares responsibility with the construction project manager for developing the project budget and schedule, actively participating in the preconstruction phase, and ensuring that the project is built on time, within budget, and according to company policies and procedures. Manages and mentors assistant project managers and other field personnel. Maintains a relentless focus on meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations throughout the life of the project.
- Maintain relationship with primary client, A/E firm, Construction Project Manager, leadership, subcontractors and any other vendors needed to facilitate construction activities at the data center job site.
- Establishes and manages the critical work environment project objectives, performance standards, planning and Methods of Procedure and be within boundaries of corporate policies to ensure minimization of human error factors which could cause down time during work processes
- Provides leadership of all field related MEP mission critical work activities and coordinates with Construction Project Manager and Subcontractors for proper execution.
- Keeps all relative parties informed of project’s progress throughout the life of the project.
- Detailed understanding of all MEP systems to include scheduling timeline, quality control focus points, system start-up, commissioning, troubleshooting, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect the company’s interests and simultaneously maintain positive relationship with the client.
- Ensures that project site and company assets are secure and maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing programs for safety/OSHA, Equal Employment Opportunity/EEO, risk management, training, and quality control.
- Confirms that extra charges from subcontractors/suppliers are reasonable and work is correctly executed. Coordinates with project manager for approval on all change orders.
- Facilitates weekly project progress and safety meetings with all subcontractor representatives and coordinates the upcoming week’s work to be accomplished. Attends all progress meetings with the owner’s rep/data center construction Project manager
- Ensures that the project closeout process is finalized, demobilizes all resources, and transitions the project to the client.
- 5+ years of commercial/critical facilities MEP Construction experience (project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience will also be a large factor)
- Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) experience is a plus
- Detailed understanding of Mechanical and Electrical systems to include integrated testing, MOPs/SOPs of installation, functionality and troubleshooting; etc.
- Budget responsibilities must be in excess of 8mm - 50mm + to be considered
- Experience in directing and/or supporting the commissioning effort
- Demonstrates solid presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook, Powerpoint, MS Project, Timberline, etc)
- Previous administrative experience managing change orders, billing, creating reports, etc.
- Travel as required
- Construction/Engineering/Architectural Degree a plus