The Quality Systems Technician will serve as the key technician for all CPG mission critical services/maintenances/installs QA/QC under contract. The position will be responsible for monitoring compliance with contractual commitments. This position will provide leadership and knowledge regarding the installation, service, testing, commissioning, maintenance and operation of mission critical data center electrical and/or mechanical equipment.
- Follow overall quality plan to support the data center rollout, including quality around technical delivery, logistics, inventory controls.
- Follow and maintain Noncompliance Register.
- Reviews requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Creates detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured installation and test plans.
- Estimates, prioritizes, plans, and coordinates quality control and testing activities.
- Executes QA scheduled reports (e.g. defects, installation deficiencies, project timelines and project level QA measurements)
- Identifies, records, and documents thoroughly and tracks deficiencies and corrective actions.
- Performs thorough review of all testing documentation.
- Monitors and inspects all operations that affect quality to align with industry and customer standards.
- Facilitates communications with internal and external teams to identify system requirements, failures, and process improvements.
- Monitors corrective action process results.
- Investigates the causes of non-conforming products and trains users to implement QC solutions.
- Tracks quality assurance metrics, such as defects, marginal results, and project specific KPI’s.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Maintains all testing documentation.
- Trains installers, where necessary, on testing methodologies.
- Assists Quality Manager with reporting requirements.
- Oversee testing and installations.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Proven work experience in Infrastructure quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of Project/Construction QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with QC implementation.
- Solid knowledge of testing and installation methodologies.
- Experience working in a data center build is a plus.
- Certifications in QC is a strong advantage.
- Strong Knowledge of TIA and Data Center Standards.
- Excellent MS Office and database skills.
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills.
- Superior collaboration and communication skills: team building, conflict resolution, stakeholder management and decision making.
- Based in Ashburn VA. Serving DC/Maryland/Virginia areas
- Overnight travel may be required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; Standing and walking is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee must occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.