The Project Execution Team is responsible for the entire execution process delivering Mission Critical projects from conception through commissioning - working with Sales, Preconstruction, Engineering, Operations, and Management along the way. The Project Execution Team also works closely with partner contractors to develop a vertically integrated design and delivery approach. The team manages these partners to success through technical feedback and review, and actively managing adherence to schedule and budget.
CPG is looking for a self-motivated Senior Construction Program Manager to provide overall leadership and drive the success of large-scale data center projects. The lead position covers all aspects of construction and project management. Areas of expertise and skills require autonomy and independent discretion in the following areas:
- RFP development, budgeting, and cost management.
- Able to communicate to business partners at all levels.
- Possess a strong business acumen, and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work across peer groups both internal and external.
- Strong attention to detail related to design, schedule, and cost.
- Primary point of contact for customer interface for project updates and coordination.
- Strong management process for contractors and vendors and technical experience.
- Ensure a world class culture of Safety is maintained.
- Coordination and supervision of any direct contracts or equipment vendors.
- Oversight of physical construction activities and foresight to anticipate potential impacts.
- Management support for commissioning, QA/QC, Telecom, Safety, Security, Logistics and Closeout.
- The hand-off of physical data center and project documents to customer.
- Coordinate all work with the design team, consultants, delivery team, operators, and clients.
- Submit monthly project financial reporting, including forecasting, cash-flow and change orders.
- Review monthly contractor billing and perform job walks to substantiate progress.
- Keeps all relative parties informed of progress throughout the life of the project.
- Develop, manage, and maintain procurement and contract negotiation of new and existing vendors.
- Manage input and delivery of Submittals, RFI’s and documentation from internal team members to ensure that new data center spaces comply with the project requirements, customer requirements, all engineering standards, applicable codes, and specifications.
- Develop, document, and drive lessons learned, process improvements, cost, and schedule savings initiatives throughout the project lifecycle.
- Awareness of the importance of mission-critical facility operation
- Additional duties may be assigned as need at Management’s discretion.
- Drive thought leadership with a focus on lean principles of construction and cost optimization.
- Management of project scope, schedule, and budget
- Drive all aspects of construction, including preconstruction, design development, permitting, competitive bid process, team selection, construction oversight, commissioning, and project closeout.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, or a similar field, or equivalent experience
- Construction / Engineering / Architectural Degree a plus
- 10 years of experience in managing construction projects required, 10 to 15+ years preferred.
- Datacenter experience is mandatory.
- Experience in CSA (civil, structural, architectural) and MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) construction management is a requirement.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Occasionally move objects 10-50lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
JOB LOCATION: current project in San Antonio, TX / Remote
REMOTE/TELEWORK: Minimum 2 weeks onsite required.
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid-Senior
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (Exempt)
REPORTS TO: Director, Construction
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.