The Senior Critical Systems Technician will serve as the key technician for all CPG mission critical electrical services/maintenances under contract. The position will be responsible for monitoring compliance with contractual commitments. This position will provide leadership and knowledge regarding the installation, service, testing, commissioning, maintenance and operation of mission critical data center electrical equipment.
- Review technical specification with sales team and project managers to identify field operations scope of project as defined in Capitol Power Group bid packages.
- Guide and train Jr. level SWGR Technicians.
- Identify and report potential profitability impacts.
- Provide regular status reports to the responsible CPG Project Manager and Director, Service Operations.
- Direct feedback to responsible CPG Project Manager for problem resolution.
- Obtain customer’s final acceptance at job completion per project specification.
- Coordinate specialized commissioning/testing of systems.
- Conduct site specific familiarization training for customers and field engineers.
- Conduct site visits during regional travels at management direction.
- Respond to service calls as required.
- Perform preventive maintenance services (PM) on contracted gear and other components.
- Interface with the factory to resolve any site related technical issues.
- QA/QC of Power Distribution Equipment.
- Creation on Critical Facility Power System MOPs, SOPs and EOPs.
- Installation and service on all Power Distribution Equipment.
- Installation of underfloor electrical whips.
- Provide required site testing reports and inspection sheets per project specification.
- Other duties as assigned by Services Management.
- Associates Degree in electronics, electrical theory or similar discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Bachelor's degree in same disciplines highly desirable. Military training is an acceptable equivalent to a formal degree.
- Five to seven years of field repair / customer service experience with ups, electrical, electro-mechanical or electronics related equipment or equivalent military equipment experience required. Three to five years of mission critical specific product experience required.
- Advanced working knowledge of critical power systems installation.
- Experience with critical power equipment, including UPS, switchgear, batteries, monitoring equipment, generators, etc.
- Ability to read and understand one-line diagrams, blueprints, schematics and construction drawings.
- Strong Technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong testing experience per NETA and NICET.
- Strong Organizational Skills.
- Strong Technical Writing skills, including use of Word, Excel, MS Project.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to deal with clients on a variety of levels, often in stressful situations.
- Ability to operate in a decision-making capacity.
- Maintain valid state vehicle operator's license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; Standing and walking is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee must occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.