CPG is the leader in battery monitoring systems, power distribution monitoring and related services that ensure mission critical power for data centers and commercial operations and we are seeking a Technical Support Manager to join our Monitoring Operations Center team.
The CPG Monitoring Operations Center is a cloud-based managed service, supported by our expert analysts that monitor the system health of thousands of critical systems around the world. Together, they form the foundation of a highly scalable, robust monitoring program.
Under general supervision, the Technical Support Manager will provide technical support to customers and ensure all remote battery monitoring systems are functioning properly and collecting and transmitting data.
- Develop and manage processes that foster continuous improvement of the customer experience and improve resource efficiency.
- Drive standardization for process, communication, customer engagement and documentation.
- Collaborate and maintain develop strong business relationships throughout the organization.
- Facilitate communications with other functional and cross-functional departments including Sales, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, etc.
Leadership / Management:
- Establish Scorecards and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for the team
- Provide leadership to the team including coaching, mentoring, and motivating the team, managing performance, and ensuring team KPI’s are met.
- Develop and implement continuous service improvements including managing to define service levels, analyzing operations performance against KPI targets.
Core Tech Support:
- Polling battery monitoring systems for current data and identifying and troubleshooting problems as they relate to polling systems.
- Support Field Technicians and Project Management
- IT/Network and Battery Testing support
- 3rd party installation support
- Customer support
- Equipment troubleshooting and support.
- Troubleshooting and resolving connectivity to battery monitors
- Creating customer user ID’s and Passwords on the web portal
- Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers where necessary.
- Field inbound/outbound support calls
- Field after-hour support calls including weekend.
- Field trouble tickets and drive through to resolution.
- Support Monitoring, Project Management, Engineering and Sales teams with respect to battery monitoring activities and issues
- BA/BS College diploma or a minimum 5–7-year professional experience
- Work experience in technical support or help desk environment with focus on networking, communications, and electronic equipment.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proper phone etiquette
- Excellent written and oral communication skillsKnowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Effective listening skills
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to work after-hours and weekends as needed.
- Strong administrative and organization skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all work
- Understanding and ability to troubleshoot networking issues including connectivity, firewalls, VPNs, etc. and their interoperability with core monitoring database.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Sets high standards of performance for self, assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Ability to work with cross-functional groups to drive problems to resolution.
- Demonstrates ability to learn quickly, work independently and multi-task.
- Data Center experience is not required but strongly preferred.
- Works well in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Occasionally move objects 10-15lbs
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
REMOTE/ TELEWORK: Open
JOB LOCATION: GA/VA/CA (open to hire in any one of these locations)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Exempt
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid – Senior Level
REPORTS TO: Director, Monitoring Operations
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.