The Warehouse Attendant will perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing, and retrieving stock in the warehouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform shipping and receiving responsibilities to include unloading and loading trucks.
- Pull materials, pack boxes, pack crates, place orders in designated areas for pickup.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; Sweep, dust and mop and optimize space utilization.
- Maintain inventory controls documenting parts/supplies locations and quantities and report any discrepancies.
- Prepare parcels for mailing.
- Wear the proper safety equipment and adhere to safety standards.
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers.
- Operate and maintain preventively, warehouse vehicles and equipment. (Forklift, Pallet Jacks, etc.)
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE (Desired)
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years previous warehouse experience preferred.
- Good communication, organizational, time management and mathematical skills.
- Dependable and Reliable.
- Inventory, equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills may be required.
- Experience operating a forklift and pallet jack.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs, occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
JOB LOCATION: IC Warehouse, Ashburn, VA
JOB TYPE: Full time, Nonexempt
REPORTS TO: VP, Service Operations
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.