Mechanical Service Technician II
The Mechanical Service Technician II will work under minimum supervision, assist and gain experience in the operations, maintenance, and monitoring of the data center and supporting infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All responsibilities of HVAC Technician I.
- Learn how to read and understand electrical schematics, blueprints, and shop drawings.
- Assist with air and water balancing to conserve energy and maintain tenant comfort.
- Gain experience from preventive maintenance, trouble diagnosis, routine and emergency maintenance and repairs with minimum direct supervision on HVAC equipment including but not limited to:
- Air and water-cooled reciprocating chillers
- Centrifugal and screw package chillers
- Natural gas boilers and unit heaters
- Electric duct heaters
- Cooling Towers
- Pneumatic, DDC and Variable Frequency Drive controls
- HVAC air distribution systems, AHU’S, FCU’S, Fans and other devices used in air distribution.
- Various types of water pumps used in the HVAC industry.
- Preform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE (Desired)
- High school diploma/GED required.
- HVAC/R Servicing Certificate preferred.
- EPA refrigerant recovery certification Universal required.
- Possess excellent knowledge of refrigeration principals.
- Possess excellent knowledge of basic electricity for HVAC and HVAC diagnostic tools and instruments.
- Minimum of 3 years commercial HVAC service experience required; 4 years preferred.
- Must work on-site; no telecommuting permitted.
- Clear and valid Virginia/Maryland driver’s license.
- Must satisfactorily pass or complete any required client background checks or training.
- This role and customer contracts require proof of US Citizenship. Ability to obtain security clearance is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; Standing and walking is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee must occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
TRAVEL: Overnight travel may be required
JOB LOCATION: Serving DC/Maryland/Virginia areas
JOB TYPE: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Manager, Service Operations
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.