Mechanical Service Technician IV
The Mechanical Service Technician IV will serve as the key technician for all CPG mission critical mechanical services/maintenances under contract. The position will be responsible for monitoring compliance with contractual commitments. This position will provide guidance, leadership and knowledge regarding the installation, service, maintenance, and operation of mission critical data center mechanical equipment, including:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All responsibilities of HVAC Tech 3.
- Experienced and able to perform preventive maintenance, trouble diagnosis, routine, and emergency repairs without supervision on all HVAC equipment including but not limited to:
- Air and water-cooled reciprocating chillers
- Centrifugal and screw package chillers
- Natural gas boilers and unit heaters
- Electric duct heaters
- Cooling Towers
- Pneumatic, DDC and Variable Frequency Drive controls
- HVAC air distribution systems, AHU’S, FCU’S, Fans and other devices used in air distribution.
- Various types of water pumps used in the HVAC industry.
- Maintain, upgrade and backup Building Automation Software as required.
- Respond to after-hours calls as required.
- Responsible for supervising and teaching technicians of lower grade levels while striving to improve their own technical levels through experience and literature.
- Required to perform on-call after hour assignments.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE (Desired)
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Successful completion of basic air condition theory class.
- Must have Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Universal Certification.
- Understand proper use HVAC diagnostic tools and instruments.
- Have experience with DDC, pneumatic and variable frequency drive controls.
- Minimum of 7 years large commercial HVAC service experience required; 8 years preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office.
- OSHA certification
- Must work on-site; no telecommuting permitted.
- Clear and valid Virginia/Maryland driver’s license.
- Must satisfactorily pass or complete any required client background checks or training.
- This role and customer contracts require proof of US Citizenship. Ability to obtain security clearance is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; Standing and walking is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee must occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
JOB LOCATION: Serving DC/Maryland/Virginia areas
TRAVEL: Overnight travel may be required
JOB TYPE: Full-Time (Non-Exempt)
DEPT & REPORTS TO: Operations-HVAC & reports to Manager, DC Power Services
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.