Each of our teams hosts a group of professionals specializing in the three vital practices with the mission-critical environment. They possess a depth of expertise and real-world experience only a select few firms can match. CPG’s end-to-end solutions are virtually unmatched in the industry: From Cooling, Power, IT Infrastructure and Services, to Colocation, Security and Cloud Infrastructure.
To apply for the positions below, please send a cover letter specifying which position you are interested in and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Inside Mechanical Sales Engineer
Mechanical Products, Inside Sales Engineer for Manufacturers’ Representative Requirements –
Become a technical expert to apply different cooling systems in various project applications. Remain current on new developments and be a champion for all products/services represented on the CPG offer pages. Prioritize for greatest forecasted revenue productivity. Know…
- Who to call for factory support and reach out directly when needed, primarily for presale through close activities, and secondarily for post-sale support to the CPG PM.
- How the product works, details of construction, components, specifications, options.
- How to apply the product, ideal scenarios, limitations, alternate solutions, service capability.
- Competitors, both product and representation, service offering.
- Manufacturers’ business details, management, location, commission vs. buy/resell.
- The current marketing and technical media, both paper and electronic / web / social media.
Engage the factory for product information, training, tools, collateral. Advocate for/balance the client’s and manufacturer’s interests, provide productive feedback, both constructive and positive.
Inside Sales Engineer Responsibilities –
- Consistent Communication: internally and externally
- Internally: Communication with outside sales team regarding bidding projects
- Externally: Timely response time to customer requests, always email follow up if substantive material delivered initially via phone
- Project Bidding
- Maintain an up to date bid list coordinating with electrical plan and spec team
- Timely completion of mechanical project bids allowing input from manufacturer on technical scope, pricing, discounts, etc.
- Maintain documentation of past, current, and future bids
- Bid projects in accordance to competitive balance, customer interest, and CPG interest
- Accurate quote preparation for mechanical bids
- Create, maintain, and update bid opportunities in CRM software
- Project Tracking
- Review Survey Data subscription resource as well as plan and spec solicitation requests
- Assist outside sales team with quote follow up as directed
- Regular review of customer bid lists, bid boards, and FTP sites
- Project Management, Coordination, and Support
- Coordinate directly with factories as required to complete bids in a timely fashion
- Coordinate with outside sales team prior to bids as needed
- Help outside sales team manage hand-off of order to CPG PM to give visibility to all commitments
- Coordinate opportunities with electrical plan and spec team to ensure project packaging is occurring when optimal to CPG
- Maintain up to date lead-times matrix for mechanical products
- Support the outside sales team in all other functions as requested
- Actively monitor industry periodicals for intel on clients, competitors, markets.
- Recognize competitive relationships, how CPG & products are perceived in each specific division’s market.
Inside Sales Engineer Requirements –
- BS in Engineering, Technical Field, or equivalent successful experience in a similar mechanical cooling industry
- Understand mechanical cooling systems
- Read and understand architectural, mechanical, and electrical blueprints
- Read and identify specifications, with special attention to key differentiators
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Product Suites
- Strong writing, verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Working understanding of competitive balance and project bid strategy
- Proficiency with CRM/Database tools
Position: Applications Engineer - Charlotte, NC
Application Engineers are the primary technical resource for the field sales force, and are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. Working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate, the Application Engineer must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. The Application Engineer must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Provide design and specification development support to consultants, integrators, and distributors
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Listen, understand and convey customer requirements
- Assist in maintaining accurate records of proposed opportunities through Salesforce and registration of projects
- AS or AAS in engineering, technical field, or equivalent successful experience in a electrical industry role.
- Experience 3–5 Years in Engineering/Electrical field preferred
- Read architectural, mechanical and electrical blueprints and have a solid understanding of basic electrical and mechanical control systems
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability and drive to conduct research for project solutions
- BS in electrical engineering or equivalent technical program
- Experience in Customer Service or Sales Support
- Proven Project Management skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in design programs (e.g. AutoCAD, SolidWorks, ProE, LabVIEW)
- Proficient in software design programs (e. g. Access, C++, Oracle/Java)
- Proficient in CRM software (e.g. Salesforce or Tableau)
Position: MEP Superintendent - Critical Facility Construction - CPG
Responsible for field activities associated with the project, including supervision of all field construction work by electrical and mechanical subcontractors and self-performed work. Maintain constant contact with Subcontractors to ensure timely work to keep project on schedule and within budget. Ensures equipment purchased is in onsite at the project when needed. Shares responsibility with the construction project manager for developing the project budget and schedule, actively participating in the preconstruction phase, and ensuring that the project is built on time, within budget, and according to company policies and procedures. Manages and mentors assistant project managers and other field personnel. Maintains a relentless focus on meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations throughout the life of the project.
- Maintain relationship with primary client, A/E firm, Construction Project Manager, leadership, subcontractors and any other vendors needed to facilitate construction activities at the data center job site.
- Establishes and manages the critical work environment project objectives, performance standards, planning and Methods of Procedure and be within boundaries of corporate policies to ensure minimization of human error factors which could cause down time during work processes
- Provides leadership of all field related MEP mission critical work activities and coordinates with Construction Project Manager and Subcontractors for proper execution.
- Keeps all relative parties informed of project’s progress throughout the life of the project.
- Detailed understanding of all MEP systems to include scheduling timeline, quality control focus points, system start-up, commissioning, troubleshooting, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect the company’s interests and simultaneously maintain positive relationship with the client.
- Ensures that project site and company assets are secure and maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing programs for safety/OSHA, Equal Employment Opportunity/EEO, risk management, training, and quality control.
- Confirms that extra charges from subcontractors/suppliers are reasonable and work is correctly executed. Coordinates with project manager for approval on all change orders.
- Facilitates weekly project progress and safety meetings with all subcontractor representatives and coordinates the upcoming week’s work to be accomplished. Attends all progress meetings with the owner’s rep/data center construction Project manager
- Ensures that the project closeout process is finalized, demobilizes all resources, and transitions the project to the client.
- 5+ years of commercial/critical facilities MEP Construction experience (project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience will also be a large factor)
- Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) experience is a plus
- Detailed understanding of Mechanical and Electrical systems to include integrated testing, MOPs/SOPs of installation, functionality and troubleshooting; etc.
- Budget responsibilities must be in excess of 8mm - 50mm + to be considered
- Experience in directing and/or supporting the commissioning effort
- Demonstrates solid presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook, Powerpoint, MS Project, Timberline, etc)
- Previous administrative experience managing change orders, billing, creating reports, etc.
- Travel as required
- Construction/Engineering/Architectural Degree a plus
Position: Project Manager for Project Services Team
The Project Services Team is responsible for the entire execution process delivering Mission Critical Services from conception through commissioning - working with Sales, Operations and management along the way. The Project Services Team also works closely with partner contractors to come up with a vertically integrated design and manages these partners to success through technical feedback and review, and actively participating in review of schedule and budget.
CPG is looking for a self-motivated Project Manager to provide overall leadership and drive success of large-scale data center projects. The position covers all aspects of construction. Areas of expertise require autonomy and independent discretion in the following areas:
- RFP development and budgeting
- Pre-bid oversight and coordination
- Managing all design phases and documents
- Create and maintain schedules throughout the project
- Customer engagement for sales and fulfillment of requirements
- Coordination and supervision of design-build contractors
- Coordination with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Oversight of physical construction activities
- Participation in commissioning
- Hand-off of physical data center and project documents to customer
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive thought leadership with a focus on lean principles of construction and cost optimization
- Management of project scope, schedule and budget
- Drive all aspects of construction including pre-construction, design development, permitting and entitlements, competitive bid process, team selection, construction oversight, commissioning, and project closeout
- Collaborate with design team, operators, and clients
- Submit monthly project financial reporting including forecasting, cash-flow, etc.
- Review monthly contractor billing and perform job walks to substantiate progress
- Keeps all relative parties informed of progress throughout the life of the project
- Develop, manage, maintain, and assist with contract negotiation of new and existing vendors
- Manage input and delivery of work products from internal team members to ensure that new data center spaces comply with the project requirements, customer requirements, all engineering standards, applicable codes, and specifications
- Develop, document, and drive lessons learned, process improvements, cost and schedule savings initiatives throughout the project lifecycle
- Work closely with the proposal team to coordinate design criteria with budgetary issues and ongoing maintenance and operation of existing facilities
- Awareness of the importance of mission-critical facility operation
- Additional duties may be assigned as need at Management’s discretion
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, or similar field, or equivalent experience
- 10 years of experience in managing construction projects required, 10 to 15+ years preferred
- Data center experience is mandatory
- Experience in CSA (civil, structural, architectural) and MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) construction management is a requirement
- Construction / Engineering / Architectural Degree a plus
- Expected travel is approximately 50%
No other opportunities are currently available. Please check back regularly as we are always growing!