Critical Systems SME
The Critical Systems Subject Matter Expert will serve as the key electrical technical resource for all CPG mission critical facilities and electrical projects under contract. The position will be responsible for monitoring compliance with contractual commitments and directing technical tasks related to the operation in each mission critical environment. In this role you will provide leadership regarding the installation, maintenance, and operation of mission critical data center power distribution equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for planning and maintaining work systems, procedures, and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of CPG technicians.
- Provide leadership and guidance for our clients’ critical facility electrical infrastructure.
- Respond to data center critical facility RFIs/RFPs and conduct critical facility audits (QA/QC).
- Provide effective leadership to all technicians and vendors by demonstrating a passion for excellence and a superior level of integrity.
- Development and implement a switchgear training program for the Critical Power Team; responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing on-the-job training and field observation/evaluation.
- Create, manage, and review all electrical documentation based on best practices, current industry standards with attention paid to the CPG’s Quality Systems procedures and the customer’s change management processes.
- Use effective crisis management skills and emergency operating protocols.
- Enforce health and safety program with close adherence to OSHA, NFPA and CPG’s standards.
- Maintains a high quality of service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
- Assist with staff management by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Create and inspire team environment with an open communication culture.
- Perform site walks and estimating of potential new work.
- Identify and analyze project deficiencies; Formulate and document plans of action which ensure future deficiencies are eliminated.
- Create MOPs, SOPs, EOPs and other technical reports and procedures.
- Be familiar with all applicable Federal, State, and local rules, codes, and regulations.
- Other assigned tasks as requested.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE (Desired)
- Bachelor’s degree in same disciplines highly desirable or Associates Degree in electronics, electrical theory or similar discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Military training is an acceptable equivalent to a formal degree.
- 10 years of field repair / customer service experience with ups, electrical, electro-mechanical or electronics related equipment or equivalent military equipment experience required.
- Knowledge of Power Distribution System installation and maintenance.
- Experience with critical power equipment, including UPS, switchgear, batteries, monitoring equipment, generators, etc.
- Ability to read and understand one-line diagrams, blueprints, schematics, and construction drawings.
- Technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Testing experience and knowledge per NETA and NICET.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards regarding services and construction.
- Ability to train, influence and motivate team members.
- Experience writing JHAs, MOPS, technical reports, and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- OSHA certification preferred.
- Must work on-site; no telecommuting permitted.
- Must satisfactorily pass or complete any required client background checks or training.
- This role and customer contracts require proof of US Citizenship. Ability to obtain security clearance is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Occasionally move objects 10-50lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
TRAVEL: Local travel – 25-30%
JOB LOCATION: Ashburn, VA
JOB TYPE: Full-Time (Exempt)
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Technical Operations
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.