The Director of Construction is responsible for strategy development and delivery of CPG Construction programs on the Data Center Implementation team. Ensures projects are front-loaded with rigorous planning, value engineering, constructability and execution processes, and best practices. Manages customer expectations throughout the project regarding scope, budget, invoicing, schedules, and time frame. Develops the Construction team and is responsible for the leadership, management, and vision for delivery of Data Center projects within the area of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adopts and promotes commitment to always provide a safe workplace that strives for an Incident and Injury Free environment where everyone goes home safe every day
- Ensures company safety policies and the Site-Specific Plan are proactively communicated and consistently enforced on all projects
- Establishes the strategy for delivering the Construction programs, including scalable construction strategies from project initiation to handover to the client
- Manage the bid, negotiation, and contract award for subcontractors, in conjunction with the Preconstruction and Engineering, Finance and Legal teams.
- Establishes and maintains relationships and acts as the primary contact and counsel to Senior Management on the construction and project execution. Develop key metrics for reporting / tracking project deliverables.
- Mentors Construction Managers, MEP coordinators and Superintendents
- Identifies deficiencies in skills among assigned construction associates and works to improve individual’s capabilities through coaching, development, and training
- Manages and develops team to foster learning and growth at the company level
- Knowledge of construction management best practices and a willingness to adapt and develop existing practices
- Ensures training and continuous improvement processes are implemented for the Construction Management team
- Provides guidance to the Construction teams to develop budgets, contracts and project plans during the proposal, design and/or preconstruction phase of the project
- Provides leadership and coordinates with the preconstruction team, estimating, procurement, on the development of all RFP documents required for bid tendering
- Leads and develops processes to ensure full, end-to-end coordination between all involved parties from planning, design, construction, and commissioning
- Accountable for management of the CM group budget and financial reporting
- Other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE (Desired /Required)
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering or related field preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in Mission Critical / Data Center related field.
- Strong management presence with track record of strategic accomplishments and ability to respond to tactical challenges.
- Strong leader with team building and talent development ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of mission critical facilities, systems, interconnectivity, design, and operational best-practices.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects, initiatives, and challenges simultaneously and to work across the company leveraging teams to support project delivery.
- Proven high-level thinker skilled in complex problem solving, with excellent interpersonal, collaboration and prioritization abilities.
- Mission Critical Data Center Facility Maintenance Programs/Practices
- Mission Critical Data Center Facility Design and Operation Best Practices
- Microsoft and Adobe Office Applications and Procore Project Management tools.
- Frequent travel to assigned projects
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Occasionally move objects 10-50lbs. (Change based on Job needs)
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
JOB LOCATION: Remote/Flexible with extensive travel
REPORTS TO: SVP of Data Center Implementation
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.