Electrical Switchgear Technician III
The Electrical Switchgear Technician III will serve as a technician for all CPG mission-critical electrical services/maintenances under contract. The position will be responsible for monitoring compliance with contractual commitments. This position will provide leadership and knowledge regarding the installation, service, testing, commissioning, maintenance, and operation of mission-critical data center electrical equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review technical specifications with the sales team and project managers to identify the field operations scope of the project as defined in CPG bid packages.
- Interface with services team to ensure proper specification compliance.
- Provide job-specific technical support.
- Interface with the factory to resolve any site-related technical issues.
- QA/QC of Power Distribution Equipment.
- Create Critical Facility Power System MOPs, SOPs and EOPs.
- Perform preventive maintenance services (PM) on contracted gear and other components.
- Install and service all Power Distribution Equipment.
- Installation of underfloor electrical whips.
- Provide regular status reports to the responsible CPG Project Manager and Director, Service Operations.
- Direct feedback to responsible CPG Project Manager for problem resolution.
- Provide required site testing reports and inspection sheets per project specification.
- Participate in specialized commissioning/testing of systems.
- Conduct site visits during regional travels at management direction.
- Respond to service calls as required.
- Other duties as assigned by Services Management.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE (Desired /Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred). Associates/ Bachelor’s Degree in electronics, electrical theory, or similar discipline requires highly desirable or equivalent work experience.
Mission Critical Electrical Systems, two years (Required). 3-5 years of field repair/customer service experience with ups, electrical, electro-mechanical, or electronics-related equipment or Three to five years of mission critical specific product experience required.
- Knowledge of Critical Power Systems installation.
- Experience with critical power equipment, including UPS, switchgear, batteries, monitoring equipment, generators, etc.
- Ability to read and understand one-line diagrams, blueprints, schematics, and construction drawings.
- Technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Organizational Skills.
- Technical Writing skills, including use of Word, Excel, MS Project.
- Interpersonal skills: ability to deal with clients on a variety of levels, often in stressful situations.
- Ability to operate in a decision-making capacity.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Occasionally move objects 10-50lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
TRAVEL: Overnight travel may be required
JOB LOCATION: Based in Ashburn VA. Serving DC/Maryland/Virginia areas
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Critical Systems Manager
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.