Junior Construction Engineer
The Junior Construction Engineer will begin working with the Construction Execution Team at a construction project site(s) to obtain an introduction to construction project management and installation of engineered designs related to the critical facility/data center space. The Junior Construction Engineer will also be a liaison for the Engineering Team on the construction project site. After a 6–12-month period at the construction site(s), the Junior Construction Engineer will be given an opportunity to remain with the Construction Execution Team or move to the Engineering Team. With the Engineering Team the Junior Construction Engineer will be responsible for the research, field verification, design, development, and production of engineering design documents along with assisting with construction administration, commissioning, and post-construction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares and reviews plans, specifications, and contract documents for bidding and construction.
- Reviews design and construction submittals from consultants and contractors.
- Consults with various appropriate entities regarding mechanical/electrical equipment design layout, maintenance and operations, and long-range engineering planning and improvements programs.
- Performs engineering analyses, evaluations, and research studies on small and large facility projects.
- Performs and participates in design/construction problem-resolution efforts.
- Provides mechanical/electrical engineering and technical support to mechanical/electrical technicians, engineers and process control personnel in troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of complex mechanical cooling systems such as chilled water, direct and indirect evaporative cooling, dx split systems, condenser water, glycol, dry coolers, adiabatic cooling, fluid coolers, etc.
- Reviews mechanical/electrical testing reports; makes recommendations accordingly.
- Conducts field surveys to review and record existing project conditions.
- Consults with various departments, manufacturers, suppliers, consultants and contractors on product quality assurance issues and techniques.
- Conducts complex studies and investigations. Prepares reports on design, construction, maintenance and operational issues/problems within facilities and systems infrastructure.
- Prepares mechanical design documents and specifications for small and large facility projects.
- Inspects mechanical construction work in progress and upon completion for adherence to plans and specifications.
- Learn mechanical/electrical engineering practices.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or General Engineering is required.
- MS Office, AutoCAD/Revit, Bluebeam
- Read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical or governmental documents. Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the public
- Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) professional designation and LEED accreditation preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environmental Factors
- Occasionally move objects 10-50lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
Travel: Required to be on site for 2 weeks and 1 week can be remote
Job Location: Ashburn, VA or remote with travel
Employment Type: Full-time (Exempt)
Reports to: Directors of Construction & Engineering
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.