Mechanical Service Technician III
The Mechanical Service Technician III will serve as the key technician for all CPG mission critical mechanical services/maintenances under contract. The position will be responsible for monitoring compliance with contractual commitments. This position will provide guidance regarding the installation, service, maintenance, and operation of mission critical data center mechanical equipment, including:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All responsibilities of HVAC Technician II.
- Be experienced and able to perform preventive maintenance, trouble diagnosis, routine, and emergency repairs with reasonable supervision on HVAC equipment including but not limited to:
- Air and water-cooled reciprocating chillers
- Centrifugal and screw package chillers
- Natural gas boilers and unit heaters
- Electric duct heaters
- Cooling Towers
- Pneumatic, DDC and Variable Frequency Drive controls
- HVAC air distribution systems, AHU’S, FCU’S, Fans and other devices used in air distribution.
- Various types of water pumps used in the HVAC industry.
- Read and understand electrical schematics, blueprints and shop drawings related to HVAC industry.
- Perform air and water balancing with reasonable supervision.
- Strive for continual improvement of technical skills through on-the-job-training, training provided by the District and through extra-curricular training or literature.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE (Desired)
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Successful completion of basic air condition theory class.
- Must have Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Universal Certification.
- Understand proper use of HVAC diagnostic tools and instruments.
- Minimum of 5 years large commercial HVAC service experience required; 6 years preferred.
- Must work on-site; no telecommuting permitted.
- Clear and valid Virginia/Maryland driver’s license.
- Must satisfactorily pass or complete any required client background checks or training.
- This role and customer contracts require proof of US Citizenship. Ability to obtain security clearance is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; Standing and walking is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee must occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
JOB LOCATION: Serving DC/Maryland/Virginia areas)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time (Non-Exempt)
REPORTS TO: Manager, DC Power Services
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.