MEP Coordinator, Electrical
The MEP Coordinator, Electrical is responsible for the specific electrical construction of Mission Critical facilities (e.g., data centers) and other related construction projects. This position will supervise the Electrical trade contractors and equipment vendors involved in the project, and coordinate Electrical schedules, develop reports, follow processes, and complete documentation from pre-construction through close-out.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Review Contract Documents, making suggestions/modifications as they relate to the MEP trades and approved construction drawings
- Review Basis of Design for MEP compliance
- Primary Responsibility for review and coordination of all MEP submittals to ensure all documentation is complete and comprehensive.
- Assist Superintendent and Field Staff in managing MEP subcontractors throughout duration of the project (from groundbreaking through commissioning and turnover to owner)
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating MEP installation activities. Ensure compliance with all approved documentation.
- Work with Superintendent on project logistics and temporary facility plans
- Attends daily and weekly coordination meetings with Owners, Architects and Subcontractors.
- Attend BIM coordination meetings and provide assessment for MEP systems routing and coordination with trades.
- Review shop drawings for project requirements and serviceability, etc.
- Assist project managers in estimating/analyzing MEP change requests for accuracy of scope.
- Inspect all material and equipment for MEP systems prior to installation
- Monitor the installation and start-up of MEP systems and commissioning of project with Engineer, Commissioning Agent and Owner. Schedule and manage MEP meetings.
- Review Coordination and Arc Flash studies
- Review and provide field verification of torque and megger reports provided by trades, and assure reports are submitted during final turnover
- Coordinate equipment deliveries, rigging and other related activities with Project Superintendent and Field Staff
- Communicate progress and prepare appropriate reports as needed (Procore)
- Represent CPG regarding the MEP process at weekly Owners and contractors’ meetings
- Lead and direct the coordination process to resolve all conflicts during installations and start-up
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s / Associates Degree a plus or comparable experience in electrical or fire protection/life safety engineering, construction management
Minimum 3-5 years MEP field experience as well as previous construction experience.
Candidate shall possess strong construction knowledge and plan reading abilities.
The candidate is self-motivated, has good written/oral communication skills, MS office software skills and has a strong work ethic.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequent use of hands to fingers, and ability to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate written or online documentation. Involves contact with other individuals. Frequent sitting, standing, and walking. Work is performed primarily indoors.
TRAVEL: Local travel – 70%
JOB LOCATION: Remote and project based
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.