Project Manager- Construction
The Project Services Team is responsible for the entire execution process delivering Mission Critical Services from conception through commissioning – working with Sales, Operations, and Management along the way. The Project Services Team also works closely with partner contractors to develop a vertically integrated design, manage these partners to success through technical feedback and review, and actively participate in the review of schedule and budget.
CPG is looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented, thorough, and organized construction project manager to join our growing Project Services team. In this position, you will oversee financial budgets, coordinate contractors, and manage the construction process including schedules, ordering inventory & and managing materials.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- RFP development and budgeting
- Pre-bid oversight and coordination
- Managing all design phases and documents
- Create and maintain schedules throughout the project.
- Customer engagement for sales and fulfillment of requirements
- Coordination and supervision of design-build contractors
- Coordination with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Oversight of physical construction activities
- Participation in commissioning
- The hand-off of physical data center and project documents to customer
- Collaborate with the design team, operators, and clients.
- Submit monthly project financial reporting, including forecasting, cash-flow, etc.
- Review monthly contractor billing and perform job walks to substantiate progress.
- Keeps all relative parties informed of progress throughout the life of the project.
- Develop, manage, maintain, and assist with contract negotiation of new and existing vendors.
- Manage input and delivery of work products from internal team members to ensure that new data center spaces comply with the project requirements, customer requirements, all engineering standards, applicable codes, and specifications.
- Develop, document, and drive lessons learned, process improvements, cost, and schedule savings initiatives throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work closely with the proposal team to coordinate design criteria with budgetary issues and ongoing maintenance and operation of existing facilities.
- Awareness of the importance of mission-critical facility operation
- Additional duties may be assigned as need at Management’s discretion.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, or a similar field, or equivalent experience
- Construction / Engineering / Architectural Degree a plus
- 5-7 years of experience in managing construction projects required.
- Datacenter experience is preferred.
- Experience in CSA (civil, structural, architectural) and MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) construction management is a requirement.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Occasionally move objects 10-50lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
JOB LOCATION: Ashburn, VA
REMOTE/TELEWORK: With Some capacity
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid-Senior
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (Exempt)
REPORTS TO: Director, Construction
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.