Sales Associate, Strategic Accounts
The Sales Associate, Strategic Accounts will join our elite growing sales team. The ideal candidate will be interactive, team-oriented, motivated, excited, and passionate about developing and building upon our global account relationships. The Strategic Accounts department is focused on targeting large customers in the Hyperscale, Colocation, Land Development, and General Contractor sectors. The goal of our organization is to identify, qualify, and close business opportunities requiring Data Center Implementation, Analytics, Professional Services, and Equipment. This includes but is not limited to “white space fit outs,” Modular Construction, Controls/DCIM implementations, and Construction Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and generate new opportunities within new and existing accounts.
- Successful candidate must be able to clearly communicate with customers in order to receive, define, understand, and communicate new project requirements via a variety of methods including but not limited to, Electrical/Mechanical Drawing “take offs,” site walks, and verbal requests for proposals.
- Identify “out of scope” opportunities within both new and existing clients to “cross sell” and engage other sales teams’ members to close business.
- Assist with the preparation of scopes of work and proposals.
- Successful candidate will be given some existing CPG accounts. The key is to cultivate stronger relationships within those clients and sell across as many CPG lines of business as possible to increase revenue.
- Ask relevant questions and be able to actively listen to prospective and existing client answers to understand requirements.
- Develop competency in positioning CPG’s solutions to meet client requirements.
- Maintain individual sales funnel accuracy per CPG Funnel Management Guidelines.
- Develop productive relationships with your CPG team members throughout the different organizations.
- 2-5 years outside sales experience, preferably within the data center space, with record of consistently meeting and exceeding sales objectives.
- Must demonstrate general understanding of Data Center Facility equipment operation, and how various “systems” within the facility work together as a whole.
- Desired candidate should have experience working in live construction environments.
- Excellent Oral Communication Skills.
- Self-starter, internally motivated and someone that once given a task can follow it through to completion without a great deal of oversight.
- Team oriented; able to collaborate within sales team as well as operations and finance teams to solve problems and drive solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to develop rapport with individuals.
- Proven track record of crafting and closing complex multi-faceted deals within Mission Critical firms.
- Demonstrable prospecting skills for uncovering new client opportunities via personal ecosystem/professional network and/or avenues such as LinkedIn, email, phone, etc.
- Ability to manage existing client relationship for revenue growth across Lines of Business and retention of existing services.
- Experience in funnel management and understand the industry sales cycle, timing, probability of close.
- Basic Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Adobe
- Beneficial Computer skills: Autocad, Visio, Microsoft Project, Procore (or similar), NetSuite
- Mission Critical industry relationships are a plus.
TRAVEL: 10% – minimal
REMOTE/ TELEWORK: Not Available
JOB LOCATION: Primary market: Ashburn, VA
JOB TYPE: Full time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director, Strategic Account Sales
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.