We are seeking an experienced data center Sales Engineer to join our sales team. The Sales Engineer will be an accomplished technical professional with a broad knowledge base across the products and services that CPG provides to the data center market. This role is a key member of the sales team responsible for helping the sales organization achieve their sales objectives by leading technical solution development with our clients.
The sales engineer will assist in opportunity qualification to ensure that the client’s requirements align with CPG’s solution capabilities. The sales engineer will work with the technical delivery and engineering teams across CPG’s lines of business to ensure alignment for successful delivery and execution of the solution.
- Support the sales team’s new business revenue and gross profit targets
- Help, the sales team, differentiate CPG’s capabilities in the market
- Technically qualify new sales opportunities
- Understand client requirements and develop solutions to meet their needs best
- Communicate across the CPG organization to ensure solutions are understood for successful delivery
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop technical proficiency across CPG’s portfolio of data center services
- Gain customer trust through active listening, technical requirements gathering, and pain identification
- Work with CPG’s line of business leaders to technically qualify opportunities
- Create solutions that best meet the customer’s requirements from CPG’s service portfolio
- Collaborate effectively with the sales team and all the members of the various CPG teams
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years of relevant business experience in the data center market
- Strong technical knowledge of mission-critical data center infrastructure, systems, and operations
- Experience engaging with customers for technical discovery and solution development
- Knowledge of data center industry construction methods and operational standards
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio skills required for this role, with the ability to create and edit the following:
o Technical diagrams
o Solution presentations
o Bid Proposals
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Tech-savvy to optimize sales efficiency, resolving operational inconsistencies and bottlenecks.
- Bachelor’s degree
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Occasionally move objects 10-15lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
TRAVEL: 25-50% if Remote
REPORTS TO: Chief Revenue Officer
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.