Senior Construction Estimator
As a Senior Construction Estimator, you will be responsible for developing cost estimates and cost budgets for new projects across a portfolio of fast-paced construction projects. You will be involved in the solutioning, pricing and proposal phases of large design, build construction and white space fit-out projects.
ESSENTIAL DUITES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and understand RFP/RFQ documents from customers and oversee request for information (RFI) process
- Attend site walks as necessary to assist in generating estimates and proposals
- Identify project risks and/or challenges as part of solutioning process
- Generate rough order of magnitude and/or formal estimates for potential projects
- Assist in proposal development
- Maintain a well organize database of bid documents for reference upon award of contract
- Attend kickoff meetings to assist in the smooth handoff of the project to the execution team
- Oversee vendor submittal process for assigned projects
- Identify additional revenue opportunities for CPG, as applicable
- Coordinate with personnel from sales, engineering, preconstruction, execution and finance teams
- Manage internal and external relations while on site.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Cost Management or Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in construction estimating/cost control field, with specific knowledge of MEP and ASC cost elements
- 3+ years of data center experience is preferred
- Demonstrated experience building or expanding estimating or cost control programs across a large organization
- Ability to interpret contract terms, conditions, and exhibits as applicable to project requirements
- Windows power user skill set, proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, and estimating software such as CostX.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience developing and justifying budgets
- Ability to create and maintain processes for project documentation
- Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions prior to and during the construction process to reduce costs with no impact on quality and reliability
- Possess excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and be able to maintain high-quality standards
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Occasionally move objects 10-50lbs.
TRAVEL: As needed
JOB LOCATION: Ashburn, VA or remote
REPORTS TO: VP, Preconstructions Project Management & Estimation
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.