Senior Project Manager- Construction
The Data Center Implementation Team is responsible for the entire execution process delivering Mission Critical Services from conception through commissioning – working with Sales, Operations, and Management along the way. The Data Center Implementation Team also works closely with partner contractors to develop a vertically integrated design, manage these partners to success through technical feedback and review, and actively participate in the review of schedule and budget.
CPG is looking for a self-motivated Senior Project Manager to provide overall leadership and drive the success of large-scale data center projects. The position covers all aspects of construction. Areas of expertise require autonomy and independent discretion in the following areas:
- RFP development, financial reporting, and cost management
- Contract and vendor management
- Ensure Safety is the top priority on all projects
- Create, maintain, and ensure adherence to schedule throughout the project.
- Managing all project phases and document organization
- Ability to communicate with customer and all project trade partners
- Coordination with internal teams and oversight of physical construction activities
- Oversight and support commissioning and closeout
- The hand-off of physical data center and project documents to customer
- Collaborate with the design team, operators, and clients.
- Submit monthly project financial reporting, including forecasting, cash-flow, etc.
- Review monthly contractor billing and perform job walks to substantiate progress.
- Keeps all relative parties informed of progress throughout the life of the project.
- Develop, manage, maintain, and assist with contract negotiation of new and existing vendors.
- Manage input and delivery of work products from internal team members to ensure that new data center spaces comply with the project requirements, customer requirements, all engineering standards, applicable codes, and specifications.
- Develop, document, and drive lessons learned, process improvements, cost, and schedule savings initiatives throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work closely with the proposal team to coordinate design criteria with budgetary issues and ongoing maintenance and operation of existing facilities.
- Awareness of the importance of mission-critical facility operation
- Additional duties may be assigned as need at Management’s discretion.
- Drive thought leadership with a focus on lean principles of construction and cost optimization
- Develop and grow assigned team members throughout project lifecycle
- Drive all aspects of construction, including preconstruction, design development, permitting and entitlements, competitive bid process, team selection, construction oversight, commissioning, and project closeout.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, or a similar field, or equivalent experience
- Construction / Engineering / Architectural Degree a plus
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage.
- 10 years of experience in managing construction projects required, 10 to 15+ years preferred.
- Experience in CSA (civil, structural, architectural) and MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) construction management is a requirement.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Datacenter experience is mandatory.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Occasionally move objects 10-50lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
TRAVEL: 70% (This position requires extensive travel, will work at our project sites which are located throughout US)
REMOTE/TELEWORK: 2 weeks onsite, 1 week working remote
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director of Capital Projects
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.