Senior Safety Manager
The Senior Safety Manager works with management to ensure compliance with safety and environmental procedures and ensure the safety of all workers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides effective oversight, leadership and administration of safety processes and procedures.
- Manage EH&S committee meetings.
- Visit job sites to conduct safety audits on personnel, equipment, and materials.
- Evaluate, assess, and alter safety procedures and policies for the benefit of employees and clients.
- Research and implement new materials handling processes.
- Analyze accident reports and evaluate injury case studies based on available facts.
- Prepare and conduct safety training sessions for employees and vendors.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards (including OSHA, EPA, etc.).
- Research environmental regulations and policies and institute changes to ensure compliance.
- Track incident metrics and apply findings.
- Oversee the applications for and receipt of necessary permits.
- Lead injury and incident inquiries and evaluations.
- Ensure adherence to critical facility work rules and safety procedures.
- Interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Attend safety training for EHS trainers.
- Create MOPs, SOPs, EOPs and other technical reports and procedures.
- Ensure operational, maintenance and emergency methods of procedure (MOPs) are strictly used.
- Be familiar with all applicable Federal, State, and local rules, codes, and regulations.
- Other assigned tasks as requested.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE (Desired)
- Bachelor’s degree, Military or prior experience in Environmental Health and Safety.
- 5+ years’ experience in the safety construction industry – service/maintenance experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards regarding services and construction.
- Ability to train, influence and motivate team members.
- Experience writing JHAs, SOPs, EOPs, MOPS, Hazcom, technical reports and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding Customer relations skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office.
- OSHA certification preferred.
- BCSP Certification (CHST, CSP, etc.)
- Must satisfactorily pass or complete any required client background checks or training.
- This role and customer contracts require proof of US Citizenship. Ability to obtain security clearance is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; Standing and walking is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee must occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
TRAVEL: 25 % for local candidates & 80% not local
JOB LOCATION: Ashburn, VA (VA, DC, MD area)
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid-Senior Level
JOB TYPE: Full-Time (Exempt)
REPORTS TO: National Safety Director
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.